With the advent of the new IAS AC472 accreditation program, new quality control emphasis is being placed on the panels systems. Not to mention, all our licensees’ desire to have the best run panel profile the panel line can produce.
With this in mind, BRS has been approached by several licensees to develop a quality control program to help ensure their TS-324 and PanelCraft lines are producing panels within specifications. BRS has put together a comprehensive panel Quality Control (Q.C.) program. BRS also recognizes each licensee has different needs in a Q.C. program so we have put in place a tiered program to give the licensee flexibility to choose the program that’s right for them.
Prior to embarking on a Q.C. program, the Licensee will need to provide BRS with some specific information. First, provide tooling documentation from your roll forming manufacturer to include pass settings, over-bend locations, etc. Please contact your roll form manufacturer to ensure you have the latest, correct drawings. Second, your contact information for assigned Q.C. personnel to include name, phone number, and e-mail address. Third, what frequency will you be wishing to conduct your Q.C. evaluation (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually, etc.).
Also, each panel line will need to have a panel check gauge in place at the line location. If the licensee does not have a check gauge, BRS can provide one. CONTACT BRS FOR PRICING.
BRS will be offering two levels of Q.C. measurement taking:
1. Hand tools (digital caliper, radius gauges, protractor, etc.). This is the quickest, most cost efficient method, but least accurate.
2. Optical comparator. This is the most accurate method, but is more labor and time intensive. The panel samples must be carefully cut and prepared to be placed in the optical comparator. The process of comparator evaluation is more time intensive as well.
BRS will accept two different panel sample lengths (please include a 1'-0 long blank sample
from the coil used to generate the panel sample):
1. 3'-0± panel sample with the 3'-0 section coming from the center of a 10'-0 panel.
2. 10'-0 full panel sample with notches and punching.
The BRS Q.C. program will evaluate some or all of the following*:
1. Male side panel profile to include element lengths, angles and radii.
2. Female side panel profile to include element lengths, angles and radii.
3. Notches (proper size and location).
4. Factory punched hole location at each end (this will address tracking issues).
5. Sealant location and volume
6. Sealant start/stop verification.
*Evaluated areas will depend on panel sample received.
The BRS Q.C. program will provide the following:
• Comprehensive Report including:
- Date of report, including the date the panel was received.
- Data sheet with seam critical male and female element lengths, angles, and radii.
- Panel sample arrival pictures
- Panel sample pictures with Q.C. check gauge on panel sample.
- Any general notes/observations of the panel sample.
• Friendly reminder of upcoming Q.C. check based on established Q.C. schedule.
• Second follow up report following line modifications to address any out-of-specification issues (second panel must be received in 15 business days).
The BRS Q.C. program excludes the following:
• Panel Finish Issues
• Oil Canning
• Ski, Dive, Twist, etc.
• Panel Coverage
• Crating & Packaging
• Seamer Management & Adjustments